Seeking a Legal Assistant |
Do you want to help committed parents and caring relatives be effective in Child Custody cases?
We are an entrepreneurial family law firm that is on track for aggressive growth and we need a Legal Assistant to join our team and work directly with our Child Custody lawyers to support our team and serve our clients.
We want to be known for thoroughly advising and aggressively advocating for our clients and what they believe is best for their family and children. We are growing fast, and we need a Legal Assistant who can hit the ground running.
This position will be responsible for important work, including:
- Opening, maintaining and closing files utilizing cloud technology
- Keeping impeccable and detailed calendar for our team and our clients
- Effectively communicate with our clients and relay pertinent information to our lawyers
- Drafting, formatting and filing attractive and effective documents with our court system
If these statements appeal to you, then you may be our [position]:
- You are a good typist and can easily demonstrate 50+ words per minute with accuracy
- You are a patient and excellent listener on the phone, keeping your cool when our clients are dealing with difficult issues
- You are an amazing scheduler with a sickening degree of attention to detail
- You are very good with calendars, e-mail, spreadsheets, word processing, and the internet
- You are an awesome juggler of tasks and can change gears quickly
- You do not think scanning, copying or helping to keep our office tidy are “beneath you”
We love to help people learn and grow. We’re glad to talk with a Legal Assistant with experience in family law, but we’re willing to train anyone with the proper fundamental skill set. The ideal candidate will be able to take initiative on work that needs to be done and complete tasks with minimal hand-holding.
This is a full-time job where you are expected to manage a caseload, so you absolutely must be able to work *in the office* for 40 hours per week. Competitive compensation based on experience level and health insurance available for the successful candidate. There is an opportunity for bonus compensation for those who can demonstrate their profitability.
Prepare a cover letter with no more than TWO paragraphs and a closing sentence. In the first paragraph explain what you believe are the 3 most important qualities needed in someone who works with family law clients and why you believe they are the most important qualities. In the second paragraph, explain why you applied to this particular ad. As a closing sentence please write, “I have read the instructions contained in the job posting and have followed the instructions.”
Do not send your resume through this website. Email your resume and cover letter in PDF format to [email protected] (stephen at thinkfoxtrot dot com). The subject line of the email should be your last name (all caps), followed by the position you are applying for in lower case, followed by one word that you would use to describe yourself in all caps. [For example: SMITH legal assistant AWESOME]
We look forward to reviewing your application.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED THROUGH THIS SYSTEM AND THAT DO NOT FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.