FAMILY / CHILD CUSTODY LAW FIRM SEEKING EXPERIENCED ASSOCIATE
We are looking for a family law attorney who is committed to helping parents and relatives be effective in child custody cases our of our Huntsville office. We’re looking for an attorney who can hit the ground running to give our clients outstanding representation. You need to have compassion and the ability to build relationships with your clients and know your way around a courtroom.
- Aggressive trial advocacy, experience in the courtroom with experience applying the rules of evidence in family law cases
- Demonstrate experience in taking ownership of a client’s case – discovery, pleadings, motions; collaboration and mediation; pretrial hearings, motion hearings, and trials
- Conduct client meetings and recommend strategies
- Delegate work to paralegals and legal assistants and monitor their work
- We need an attorney who can contribute to developing the strategy of a case and who knows where to find the legal support to back up that case strategy.
- We need an attorney who knows their way around the courtroom and how to project confidence and competence when dealing with people on behalf of our clients.
- If you see a case file as an opportunity to help someone stand up for themselves and their children, you’ll like the way we think.
- Skills and experience are important and valued, but your personality, character, intelligence, and integrity are also extremely important considerations.
- If you are more inclined to settle a case for the wrong reasons over taking it to trial for the right reasons, then do not apply.
- We are growing, and you will be called upon to wear many hats. We need someone who does not think that the occasional need to scan your own documents is “beneath you.”
Salary is commensurate with skill and experience and is negotiable. The compensation package includes base salary plus bonus compensation for production and performance. We offer a generous benefits package including health insurance and paid time off. We also pay for continuing legal education, bar dues, and select bar memberships upon approval.
How to Apply
If this opportunity appeals to you, we look forward to reviewing your resumé. Please follow these instructions. APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Prepare a cover letter that explains what you believe are the 3 most important qualities or values for an attorney working with parents dealing with child custody issues. Do not send your resume’ through the online application system. Email your cover letter, resumé, and a recent writing sample or deposition transcript that demonstrates your substantive performance and the way you think about law and advocacy in PDF format to stephen at thinkfoxtrot dot com.