FAMILY / CHILD CUSTODY LAW FIRM SEEKING EXPERIENCED ASSOCIATE (scroll down for Paralegal / Secretarial Position)
We are looking for a family law attorney who is committed to helping parents and relatives be effective in child custody cases our of our Huntsville office. We’re looking for an attorney who can hit the ground running to give our clients outstanding representation. You need to have compassion and the ability to build relationships with your clients and know your way around a courtroom.
- Aggressive trial advocacy, experience in the courtroom with experience applying the rules of evidence in family law cases
- Demonstrate experience in taking ownership of a client’s case – discovery, pleadings, motions; collaboration and mediation; pretrial hearings, motion hearings, and trials
- Conduct client meetings and recommend strategies
- Delegate work to paralegals and legal assistants and monitor their work
- We need an attorney who can contribute to developing the strategy of a case and who knows where to find the legal support to back up that case strategy.
- We need an attorney who knows their way around the courtroom and how to project confidence and competence when dealing with people on behalf of our clients.
- If you see a case file as an opportunity to help someone stand up for themselves and their children, you’ll like the way we think.
- Skills and experience are important and valued, but your personality, character, intelligence, and integrity are also extremely important considerations.
- If you are more inclined to settle a case for the wrong reasons over taking it to trial for the right reasons, then do not apply.
- We are growing, and you will be called upon to wear many hats. We need someone who does not think that the occasional need to scan your own documents is “beneath you.”
Salary is commensurate with skill and experience and is negotiable. The compensation package includes base salary plus bonus compensation for production and performance. We offer a generous benefits package including health insurance and paid time off. We also pay for continuing legal education, bar dues, and select bar memberships upon approval.
How to Apply
If this opportunity appeals to you, we look forward to reviewing your resumé. Please follow these instructions. APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Prepare a cover letter that explains what you believe are the 3 most important qualities or values for an attorney working with parents dealing with child custody issues. Do not send your resume’ through the online application system. Email your cover letter, resumé, and a recent writing sample or deposition transcript that demonstrates your substantive performance and the way you think about law and advocacy in PDF format to stephen at thinkfoxtrot dot com.
FAMILY / CHILD CUSTODY LAW FIRM SEEKING EXPERIENCED PARALEGAL or LEGAL SECRETARY
Do you want to use your administrative talent and communication skills to help committed parents and caring relatives stand up for themselves in Child Custody cases, build a career and work with a great team of folks that LOVE their job?
We are a fast-growing family law firm and we need a Legal Assistant to join our team to work directly with the owners and attorneys to support the team and fight for our clients.
We want to be known for properly advising and aggressively advocating for our clients and what OUR CLIENTS believe is best for their family and children. We are growing fast, and we need a Legal Assistant who can hit the ground running.
This position will be responsible for important work, including:
- Opening, maintaining and closing files utilizing cloud technology
- Keeping impeccable and detailed calendar for our team and our clients
- Effectively communicating with our clients and relaying pertinent information to our lawyers
- Drafting, formatting and filing attractive, effective documents with Alabama’s trial and appellate court system
If these statements appeal to you, then you may be our [position]:
- You are an excellent typist and can easily demonstrate 60+ words per minute with accuracy
- You are a patient and excellent listener on the phone, keeping your cool and being professional when our clients are dealing with difficult issues
- You are an amazing scheduler with a sickening degree of attention to detail
- You are power user of Google Calendar, Gmail, Excel and Google Sheets spreadsheets, and both Google Docs and Microsoft Word
- You are an awesome juggler of tasks and can change gears quickly
- You do not think scanning, copying or helping to keep our office tidy are “beneath you”
We love to help people learn and grow, to build their skill set and career. We need a Legal Assistant with experience in family law. The ideal candidate will be able to take initiative on work that needs to be done and complete tasks with minimal hand-holding.
This is a full-time job where you are expected to manage a caseload, so you absolutely must be able to work *in the office* for 40 hours per week. Competitive compensation based on experience level and health insurance available for the successful candidate. There is an opportunity for bonus compensation for those who can demonstrate their profitability.
Prepare a cover letter which includes TWO paragraphs plus ONE closing sentence. In the first paragraph explain what you believe are the 3 most important qualities needed in someone who works with family law clients and why you believe they are the most important qualities. In the second paragraph, explain why you applied to this particular job posting. As a closing sentence please write, “I have read the instructions contained in the job posting and have followed the instructions.”
Do not send your resume through this website. Email your resume and cover letter in PDF format to [email protected] (Stephen at thinkfoxtrot dot com). The subject line of the email should contain your last name (in all caps), followed by the position for which you are applying in lower case, followed by one word that you would use to describe yourself (in all caps). [For example: SMITH legal assistant AWESOME]
We look forward to reviewing your application.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED THROUGH THIS SYSTEM AND THAT DO NOT FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.